I’ve been wanting to make a bagel recipe for a while now, and finally had the time to do it today. I’ve seen a few recipes floating out there in Keto-Land, but I’ve always found them either too complicated, too cheesy (fathead bagels), or I didn’t like the ingredients. Now that I’ve developed this recipe, I’ll be making them often! And bonus: they’re super easy to make. Enjoy!
Keto/Low Carb Bagels (cheese free, dairy-free option)
Makes 8 bagels | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 25 Mins | Recipe level: Easy
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup psyllium husks
- 2 tbsp Chia meal (finely ground chia seeds)
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 – 1 tsp salt (based on taste)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 melted butter (or coconut oil for dairy free option)
- Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel Seasoning (or other bagel seasoning)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, mixing well, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the butter and eggs. Once mixed, add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until VERY WELL combined.
- On parchment paper, shape pieces of “dough” to form the shape of a bagel, and sprinkle seasoning on top.
- Bake at 350F for 25 mins, until bagels get a light golden brown. Let cool and ENJOY!
Calories 250 | Fat 20.5g | Carbohydrates total 8.4g, fibre 6g, NET 2.4g | Protein 9.1g