I don’t know a single person who doesn’t love chicken fingers. Especially the fried kind. The other day, I felt like doing something a little different for dinner but I didn’t have anything but some chicken breast. So I decided to try my hand at chicken fingers. Ketofied chicken fingers. The end result was amazing. See the recipe below:
Keto/Low Carb Chicken Fingers
Servings: 8 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | cooking level: easy
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp salt (or more, to taste)
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or other keto-approved cooking oil
- Wash, dry and cut the chicken in strips and season with the salt, smoked paprika, cajun seasoning, dried minced garlic and dried minced onion. Toss chicken around so seasoning coats all pieces evenly.
- On a large plate, mix together the almond meal and oregano. This will serve as the “breading” for the chicken strips. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg completely. Set aside.
- Heat up the oil in a skillet, to about medium-high heat.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg, coating the strip completely and immediately dip and coat in the almond meal/oregano mixture.
- Place the coated chicken strips into the heated oil, pay attention not to burn yourself in the process, as the oil may splash up when you place the chicken in the hot oil.
- Cook until light brown, flip and brown the other side, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside, about 10 mins. You may want to decrease the heat to medium after flipping the first time.
- Let cool and ENJOY!
Calories 179 | Fat 14g | Carbs total 1.8, net 1.2g | Protein 13g