I love eggs, but living the keto lifestyle means that sometimes, I need to find new ways to eat them. Eggs are a beautiful keto food because not only are they packed with goodness for our bodies, they are a powerhouse of nutrition, as well as provide a wonderful serving of protein and fat. Not only that, they taste delicious. I decided to come up with a foolproof, easy to make frittata that tastes amazing and is super low carb.
To begin, bring out all the ingredients on the counter and get started. I am all about easy and simple recipes. The less steps, the better! I start by cracking all the eggs in the bowl, then add my heavy whipping cream, and whisk.
I like to add all my veggies in at the same time, so I chop them all up and toss them in. I like to dice them up, because I prefer to get the combination of veggies in one bite. Plus, presentation is nicer this way when making it for guests. You can choose to saute the veggies in some oil and garlic before adding them, but its not really necessary. And again, I’m all about the easy.
Now the yummiest of the yummies! I don’t know if you’ve ever tried Boursin Cheese, but IT IS AMAZING. They have different varieties, my favourite being the garlic and herbs one. It is amazing with a spoon, as a dip, in eggs, on meat, and basically, in any recipe. I love using it in my frittata because it totally brings the flavour and creaminess to a whole new level!
Next, mix everything up as best you can. Just make sure that the Boursin has mixed in well, since its likely a little cold from the fridge when you put into your mixing bowl. Use a whisk to make it easier. Grease a cake pan, pour in the egg mixture, sprinkle the goat cheese on top, and pop it into the oven, until it doesn’t jiggle in the middle and is golden brown on the sides and on top.
Once you take it out, let it cool, and flip it out. You may need to help it out by using a knife to slowly loosen it around the sides to ease it out, but it shouldn’t stick to the pan at all. Be prepared to eat one of the yummiest frittatas you’ve ever had. Simple and absolutely delectable!
Mediterranean Frittata (Keto/Low-carb)
Prep time: 5 Minutes | Cook time: 40-45 Minutes | Serves 8
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped/diced red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped/diced cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped frozen spinach (thawed preferred but not necessary)
- 60g goat cheese
- 1/4 cup Boursin cheese spread (Garlic and Herbs)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix together eggs and heavy whipping cream until well combined.
- Add in red peppers, mushrooms, spinach, salt, and boursin. Mix all until very well combined.
- Grease cake pan and pour egg mixture into greased pan. Sprinkle the goat cheese on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the middle doesn’t jiggle and until the sides and top are a nice golden brown.
- Let cool, flip onto a plate, slice into 8 pieces and ENJOY!
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Calories 186 | Fat 14.2g | Carbohydrates 1.9g, Fiber 0.3g, net 1.6g | protein 11.7g